Summary: There are numerous celebrities who wear colored contact lenses on a regular basis to slightly change their appearance.
It is no surprise that plenty of people use tools to improve their vision. Eyeglasses, contact lenses, and laser surgery can all improve your ability to see things clearly, both up-close and at a distance. Strong vision is almost necessary for navigating around the world but some people might not want to wear eyeglasses. If you do not want the inconvenience of carrying glasses around with you or you simply do not like having eyeglasses cover part of your face, then contact lenses are a relatively inexpensive and convenient alternative.
When it comes to contact lenses, most people purchase clear contacts that make it look like you do not have anything on your eyes. Similar to how eyeglasses can be used as an accessory to enhance your appearance, so can contact lenses. Contact lens manufacturers have found ways to create colored contact lenses that can change the look of your eyes. Several big celebrities wear colored contact lenses because they can help them see better and they look great. Colored contact lenses might be small but they can make a big difference in how you look. They can be used to enhance your appearance and help tie an outfit together. Learning about how well-known celebrities have used colored contact lenses can give you inspiration on how you can incorporate them into your outfits.
- Orlando Bloom: Orlando Bloom has acted in many movies that have hit the big screen. No stranger to the art of acting, Bloom has had to play a variety of different characters. For Lord of the Rings Bloom had light blue eyes, instead of his usual brown eyes. The lenses really helped sell the look he was aiming for.
- Lady Gaga: Lady Gaga has been known to wear some pretty interesting outfits in both her music videos and public appearances. In some photos you can see her wearing larger contact lenses to make her eyes look bigger and almost doll-like.
- Kylie Jenner: Kylie’s natural eye color is brown but she has been photographed multiple times with different eye colors. For example, she has used colored contact lenses to make her eyes blue. This help’s the fashion star’s eyes stand out a bit more and complement her eye makeup well. Different colored contact lenses can be used to draw more attention to your face and enhance a particular look you are going for.
- Kanye West: West has been well-known for his artistic pursuits. His work in the areas of music, fashion, and design have made him a popular person to follow. At the Met Gala in 2016 Kanye West wore light grey contact lenses to match the rest of his white outfit, giving him a more intense look.
- Selena Gomez: This pop star has naturally dark brown eyes but she has been known to use colored contact lenses every now and then. For example, she wore grey-blue colored contact lenses during a Victoria’s Secret Fashion show. The lenses almost made her look like a completely different person.